David's Blanket

Resources and Info from The Blanket Lady

29 April
7Comments

7 Responses to “Free Pattern for Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad”

1. Jeannie says:

I want to say “thank you” for having this pattern available. We have 2 Autistic grandsons with sensory issues and these blankets have been recommended for each of them. There’s just not enough money to go around for other therapy necessities and these too so I plan to make these for them. I cannot tell you how much this will help having the pattern for free. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

2. admin says:

Hi Jeannie,
    I have run into a blog site with a very well written pattern that has pictures and everything….much easier to understand. :)

3. Jeannie says:

Found it! Thank you sgain :)

4. Lorraine says:

I have a friend who has a child that is autistic. I would like to make a weighted blanket for him. If you have a pattern I would like to have one.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

5. Keri Kennedy says:

Thank you! I just found poly pellets today after having been on the hunt to hope to find them locally for years. As someone who loves to sew I knew I could devise a pattern of my own, but as I was trying to think it out, I was finding it daunting and overwhelming. A quick google search turned up your page and easy instructions. I look forward to making the blanket for my daughter this weekend!

6. stacey johnson says:

I found the craft nectar site about a month ago. its so easy compared to other sites i found. I made the blanket for a friends daughter and not only does she love it, the blanket does wonders for her. my friend recommended i make them for others.So i put in a small ad and everything exploded! I didnt realize how popular and needed these blankets are. also have requests for vests and lap pads. Im working on some now, but only charging a fraction of what they cost on some sites. awesome! Awesome! Awesome!